Last month I had the opportunity to present on the topic of “Measuring Experiential Learning Outcomes” at the GMAC/MBA Roundtable Leadership Conference. Following my presentation, the subsequent discussions confirmed that our program is unique in at least a couple of aspects:
- Students can complete their requirement in a number of ways, including through internships for credit
- Course-based experiences are offered in electives versus a capstone or immersion-based experience
The MBA Roundtable estimates that about 85% of MBA programs have some experiential component. By having our experiences based in electives and internships, our students gain knowledge and experience in their chosen field, which helps bring them closer to their career goals.
- Whitman School Appoints New Academic Advisor for Master’s Programs - March 1, 2022
- MBA@Syracuse Named a Top 20 Online MBA Program by Poets & Quants - October 12, 2018
- Real Work for MBAs - May 9, 2012