Interested in learning how to write a business plan? Have a great idea for a business but not sure how to get the funding you need? Want to get access to amazing mentors? Then prepare yourself (and your team) by signing up for the Panasci Business Plan Competition. With more than $40,000 in cash prizes, this competition is a great opportunity to compete for seed funding for your business or idea.
The competition will be held on April 14, 2023. The Panasci Business Plan Competition, hosted at the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University, is a campus-wide student event made possible by a long-time Whitman supporter, the late Henry A. Panasci, founder of Fay’s Drugs.
Competing gives collegiate entrepreneurs real-world experience to pitch their startups, enhance their business strategies and learn what it takes to launch successful companies.
It is open to all students at Syracuse University. Applicants will write and submit a business plan for the chance to advance to the finals on April 14, 2023 at the Whitman School of Management.
Key Dates to Help Prepare:
- Dec. 2, 2022, 7-8 p.m.: First info session, Q&A to learn about the competition and hear from past winning teams: Zoom link here.
- Jan. 30, 2023, 7-8 p.m.: Second info session, Q&A to learn about the competition and hear from past winning teams: Zoom link here.
- Jan. 31, 2023, due by midnight of the 31st, submission of expression of interest (not compulsory to compete but useful to stay up to date). Link here.
- Feb. 18/19, 2023, EEE458 weekend course to learn how to write a business plan (1 credit). Not a pre-requirement to compete but useful to write a better business plan. For information about the course email Professor of Entrepreneurial Practice Ken Walsleben at email@example.com.
- March 26, 2023, deadline to submit business plan to compete.
- April 14, 2023, Panasci Business Plan Competition, Whitman School of Management.
A Few Items to Get You Started:
- Review the key components on how to write a business plan.
- If you need help preparing for the competition, please reach out to the Blackstone LaunchPad at SU Libraries. Send an e-mail to LaunchPad@syr.edu
- More information, rules and regulations, and qualifications can be found here.
- Panasci 2023 Competition Announced - November 15, 2022
- 73rd Salzberg Program Awardees, Supply Chain Excellence and Environmental Social Governance - November 3, 2022
- Syracuse University’s Business Programs Move Up in U.S. News and Bloomberg Businessweek Rankings - September 20, 2022