The social space is exploding with new apps every day that small businesses can capitalize on, and among those is Periscope, an app that allows you to broadcast live video. Twitter acquired Periscope in January 2015 and launched the app publicly that March. Since then, Periscope has developed into a platform with endless potential for small-business owners.
Here are 5 reasons your small business should be on Periscope:
- With over 10 million users, Periscope is largely an untapped market. Every single business in the world isn’t on it like on Facebook or Twitter. With an extreme lack of competition, your small business has the opportunity to be a pioneer in a space with an ample audience watching.
- Periscope allows you to be creative in a new medium to showcase and market your products. You can launch products, host live events and more! You can also live-stream anything your company is doing — the options are endless.
- Periscope helps personalize your brand. You can give your customers a behind-the-scenes look at your business and showcase whatever you see fit to brand yourself.
- Periscope allows you to provide unparalleled customer service. You can instantly respond to your customers’ concerns, and in a more personal way than Facebook or Twitter.
- Periscope offers a new level of engagement, one that allows you to build strong, personal relationships with your customers that will keep them loyal to your brand.