It’s June, and the halls of Whitman seem a bit wider. The bustle of busy students has been largely replaced with a quieter buzz of staff and faculty wrapping up the academic year and planning (though not quite yet in earnest) for the start of fall classes. June provides some time for reflection on the accomplishments of the previous year before it all begins again. The 2015-2016 school year was certainly a full and rewarding one for Whitman Alumni Relations with many successful events and programming to recount:
- Numerous events on and off campus— including the inaugural Orange Tank business pitch competition, Enactus reunion and alumni brunch over Orange Central 2015 homecoming and regional alumni events in Los Angeles, Boston, New York City, Northern New Jersey and Washington, D.C.—afforded me the opportunity to meet many alumni and reacquaint with others.
- In collaboration with the Whitman Alumni Club of CNY, we expanded our mentorship program to 170 mentorship pairings, representing alumni from 30 states and eight countries. Many new alumni mentors were identified through our original alumni engagement survey last year.
- Co-sponsored by the WhitmanNYC Alumni Club, we delivered an eight-part “Building Your Personal Brand” workshop series to a group of students at a public high school in lower Manhattan.
- Through a partnership with the Whitman Career Services Center, we have planned and will soon be to set to launch a formal student-alumni practice interviewing program that I hope many of you will participate in either in person or via video.
- We have continued to build on our efforts to communicate with you. In addition to our flagship communications piece, the bi-annual Whitman magazine (the most recent of which is now available online), we produce a monthly email newsletter that allows us more readily inform you of the wonderful things happening at your alma mater and also gives us a platform to feature our accomplished, diverse and orange-bleeding alumni through Alumni of the Week, Featured Alumni Entrepreneur and Orange Family Legacy stories. We have also increased our presence on social media. We hope you are following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
We are using these successes (and lessons learned) from the past year to plan for the future. Our goal is to offer events and programming that provide real value to you. To do so, we need your input. We ask that you take 60 seconds (or less, I promise) to complete this brief survey Your response in no way obligates you to participate in future events; rather, insights from your responses and those of your fellow alumni, will be used to help plan meaningful, manageable and mutually beneficial opportunities for engagement. Thank you for your time and opinions!
I hope you have a wonderful summer and continue to enjoy our monthly Alumni Connections newsletter
Cindie Adams, Executive Director of Alumni and Corporate Relations
- Dear Whitman Alumni: Farewell Message from Cindie Adams - August 17, 2017
- Dear Whitman Alumni: July Message from Cindie Adams - July 12, 2017
- Dear Whitman Alumni: June Message from Cindie Adams - June 4, 2017